none
NEW admin account on MDT 2012 R2- Now what? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm updating an already existing Golden Image today. Some M$ updates, a few up upgrades and software changes etc. BUT, the bigger issue is the ADMIN ACCOUNT issue I've run into. (I think, anyway)

Old admin account = Administrator, which recently got a NEW password- but my MDT image is still using the old, now extinct password

New account username = ADM-MM and using a new password.   <--- This is what I need to use going forward.

Should I:  Recreate the image from scratch with new ADM-MM account, or can I alter my image to use ONLY this new account, and forget the ADMINISTRATOR account (or simply, not use it).

My confusion is: When I build a new machine, I'm using my new ADM-MM credentials to connect to the share etc, and while it works just fine, once the machine is "ready", it has the local "administrator" account, where I need to log in with the old PW.  

Suggestions?

Thanks gang,

Mark M aka Rob Base

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 4:58 PM

All replies

• The original specified administrator password, is located in your unattend.xml on two different places. Please edit the XML with the build in functionality in MDT that opens the Windows Image System Manager and allow it to create a catalog file. This may take some time, after which you are able to modify the Administrator password.

View your .\Specialize and .\OOBE section to find the administrator's password

Cheers! Rens

If this post is helpful please click &quot;Mark for answer&quot;, thanks! Kind regards

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 8:41 PM
  • Jens...

It's not only a different password.... it's a different ACCOUNT. Am I still OK?

Administrator vs. ADM-MM

EDIT:::

Found Administrator and old password here--screenshot, different fields separated by black bar

• Edited by BWB Mark Tuesday, March 10, 2015 3:42 PM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2015 3:23 PM