none
Custom HTA to replace Wizard.hta RRS feed

• Question

• When creating the boot media I have included the files under the " Extra directory to add " following the folder structure of the Deployment share.  However when running the HTA I receive an error message that a .Vbs file being referenced in the HTA can't be found.  If I hit F8 to pull-up  command prompt and execute the .hta from there, it loads correctly and captures data  and I have verified that the variables are in the variables.dat file.  The custom HTA and files referenced in it are not being correctly located within the WinPE through a running TS regardless if I use:  mshta.exe %SCRIPROOT%\myHta.hta or hard coded path: X:\Deploy\Scripts\myHTA.hta.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 2:23 PM

All replies

• I don't have quite enough information to troubleshoot this. I'm not sure what you are trying to do, or whether you get what the Extra folder is for.

1.) What does your folder structure under Extra look like? It doesn't follow the structure of the share, it follows (and creates where necessary) the folder structure on the boot media, and is ultimately controlled by the Windows PE tabs under the Properties page of the deploy share in the MMC.

For example, using the default configuration, Extra\Windows\System32 would copy files to X:\Windows\System32. Extra\MyFolder would *create* a MyFolder folder on the root of X:

However, I split my Extra folder into x86 and x64 branches. In my Windows PE x86 Settings tab for the "Extra directory to add" its defined as D:\DeployShare\Extra\X86 and under x64 its defined as D:\DeployShare\Extra\x64. These two paths correspond to the root of X: on x86 and x64 boot media respectively.

So to place files in X:\Windows\system32 on both x86 and x64 boot media, I need two copies of the files, one in

Extra\x86\Windows\System32

and one in

Extra\x64\Windows\System32

In my environment, Extra\x86\MyFolder would *create* a MyFolder folder on the root of X: but only on the x86 boot media, not on the x64 media. Because that's how I have them defined under the WinPE Settings tabs. Doesn't have anything to do with the other deployment share folder paths.

other questions:

2.) Are you saying the HTA can't be found, or the HTA cant find a vbscript it is trying to call?

3.) What does the command line in your TS look like?

4.) %SCRIPTROOT%\myHta.hta doesn't point to X:\Deploy\Scripts, it points to \\<Deployroot>\Scripts

Wednesday, October 2, 2013 8:09 PM