Register problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I install a software that save register in office register. After one month my register disspared.I have Windows 10 installed in my manchine. Can windows update cause this problem ? Thank you !
    • Moved by Olaf Engelke Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:41 PM Not a Windows Home Server topic
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 8:38 AM

Answers

• Too difficult to comment if Windows Update did that or not. The application might be corrupted.

To get back the register you may try a System Restore. Select any restore point when everything was fine. If that doesn't help then you have to reinstall the related software.

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Thursday, August 4, 2016 11:27 PM
  • Hi,

Just would like to confirm with you, if the register program disappeared or the files you saved via this program.

Sometimes, if the upgrade check the incompatible program, it will be removed after upgrading.

As previous post, reinstall it in Windows 10 compatibility mode to see if it can work again.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, August 7, 2016 3:43 PM

All replies

• Too difficult to comment if Windows Update did that or not. The application might be corrupted.

To get back the register you may try a System Restore. Select any restore point when everything was fine. If that doesn't help then you have to reinstall the related software.

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Thursday, August 4, 2016 11:27 PM
  • Hi,

Just would like to confirm with you, if the register program disappeared or the files you saved via this program.

Sometimes, if the upgrade check the incompatible program, it will be removed after upgrading.

As previous post, reinstall it in Windows 10 compatibility mode to see if it can work again.

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, August 7, 2016 3:43 PM