none
'FAILURE (5624): 112 Run DISM' when deploying Windows 10 within MDT2013 Update 1 RRS feed

• Question

• I am having issues deploying a Windows 10 image to a VM using MDT 2013 Update 1 (I also have the Windows 10 ADK). I can, however, deploy Win7/8.1 with no issues. I had this issue within a deployment share so, to rule out what could be causing it, I created a new deployment share on another server but am having exactly the same issue.

My deployroot=\\FULLYQUALIFIEDDOMAIN\DeploymentShare$ so nothing out of the ordinary here. I have also tried it with \\192.xxx.xxx.xx\\DeploymentShare$ with the same issue.

I have read this could be an issue with DISM. I do not, it seems, have a DISM folder within the Windows 10 media but there is a dism.exe in there. There is, however, nothing relating to DISM in deploymentshare$\Tools\x64.

Any help will be appreciated! Unable to post log as the disk is formatted as part of the task sequence.

• Edited by P3akyBlinder Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:07 PM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:07 PM

Answers

• Can you locate and post your bdd.log? It will be there as pre-diskpart things are held on X: and post-diskpart things are on the C: drive. Try C:\minint whilst you are still in PE.
    • Marked as answer by P3akyBlinder Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:43 PM

All replies

• Can you locate and post your bdd.log? It will be there as pre-diskpart things are held on X: and post-diskpart things are on the C: drive. Try C:\minint whilst you are still in PE.
    • Marked as answer by P3akyBlinder Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:43 PM
  • This problem appears to result from upgrading an old deployment share to MDT 2013 Update 1 and the ADK for Windows 10.

In the \DeploymentShare\Tools\x64 and \DeploymentShare\Tools\x86 folder, you'll find an older version of DISM.EXE.  MDT is using that instead of the version that's built into Windows PE.  Since the version number doesn't match, it fails.

Try renaming those versions of DISM.EXE to something else (or removing them altogether).

Thanks,
    -Michael Niehaus
    Director of Product Marketing, Windows Deployment, Management, and Store
    http://blogs.technet.com/mniehaus
    mniehaus@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 3:29 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. Neither of these can be found. I'm using "dir bdd*" and all that appears is bdd.exe.

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:17 AM
  • BDD.log has been found - eventually.

Looks like it was the issue with partitions not being correctly set within MDT - the primary partition, for some reason, was only 1GB which is clearly not enough! :D

Thanks for your help!

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 8:45 AM