Trying to save business object reports from a 2008 R2 file server to share point 2007 - get 'access denied" error messages RRS feed

• Question

• We have a program that takes files from a file server and saves them to a document library in Sharepoint 2007.  This program can be run on demand or manually.   The issue that we are having is that when we run the program from a Windows 7 workstation it works fine.  It moves the files from the file server to the document library.  When we log onto a 2008 R2 server with the same ID and same permissions and try to run the program we receive an “access denied” message while trying to save to the same UNC path in sharepoint.  

We have WEBDAV turned on on the Sharepoint box and Webclient service turned on on the server we are trying to run it from.  An interesting thing to note is that when I’m logged onto the workstation I can get strait to the UNC path of the document library using Window Explorer.  When I’m logged onto the server with the same ID and try to get to the same path it prompts me for my credentials to get to the document library.   It seems that there is another setting on the 2008 R2 box that isn’t passing the credentials through like a normal Windows 7 workstation does.

Friday, August 3, 2012 7:09 PM