what should I do?
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:50 AM

Answers

• initializing the entire system appears the error
    c: \ windows \ system32 \ werconplc.dll
    the computer takes several minutes to initializing
    what should I do?

Joice

If you're receiving an error message stating that werconplc.dll is missing or corrupt, you need to run the System File Checker (SFC) from an elevated Command Prompt, i.e. click the Windows Orb (Start) > All Programs > Accessories and right-click Command Prompt, then ‘Run as Administrator’. Type sfc /scannow (note the space) and press Enter. This may take some time and, depending upon your installation of Windows and what is corrupted, you may have to put the DVD in the drive. If SFC finds a problem, it will attempt to replace the file(s) from the Winsxs folder. However, if the file is not in \Winsxs or if \Winsxs is corrupted, you will be prompted to insert the Windows DVD.

SFC appends its results to a log file named CBS.log, which is located in the \Windows\Logs\CBS folder. Use Notepad to read it (you may need to run Notepad as the Administrator).

To find the errors, go to the end of the file (Ctrl+End) then use ‘Find’ (Ctrl+F) to check for the words 'cannot repair', use search ‘Up’ to search upwards from the end of the file.

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:22 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:51 PM
  • Hi,

After Burr's suggestion, you can also try to copy this .dll file from other computer and place the .dll file in the system32 folder.

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:21 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:51 AM

All replies

• initializing the entire system appears the error
    c: \ windows \ system32 \ werconplc.dll
    the computer takes several minutes to initializing
    what should I do?

Joice

If you're receiving an error message stating that werconplc.dll is missing or corrupt, you need to run the System File Checker (SFC) from an elevated Command Prompt, i.e. click the Windows Orb (Start) > All Programs > Accessories and right-click Command Prompt, then ‘Run as Administrator’. Type sfc /scannow (note the space) and press Enter. This may take some time and, depending upon your installation of Windows and what is corrupted, you may have to put the DVD in the drive. If SFC finds a problem, it will attempt to replace the file(s) from the Winsxs folder. However, if the file is not in \Winsxs or if \Winsxs is corrupted, you will be prompted to insert the Windows DVD.

SFC appends its results to a log file named CBS.log, which is located in the \Windows\Logs\CBS folder. Use Notepad to read it (you may need to run Notepad as the Administrator).

To find the errors, go to the end of the file (Ctrl+End) then use ‘Find’ (Ctrl+F) to check for the words 'cannot repair', use search ‘Up’ to search upwards from the end of the file.

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:22 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:51 PM
  • Hi,

After Burr's suggestion, you can also try to copy this .dll file from other computer and place the .dll file in the system32 folder.

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, September 25, 2012 2:21 AM
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 9:51 AM