none
Bug in Silverlight 5 Build 5.1.40728.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I wasn't sure where to post this, please feel free to tell me where else it should be posted, as I was not able to find a Silverlight forum.

We have a custom in-house application that utilizes Silverlight. We just applied the latest patch 5.1.40728.0 and after applying it, our custom app no longer renders any information, it displays a blank screen, I suspect this has something to do with the truetype font rendering that was fixed for a RCE security patch, however we no longer are able to view our dashboard of our custom application.  We rolled back to 5.1.40416.0 and our application works as normal.  Does anyone know of any issues, i've searched and found nothing, i know this patch is very new so maybe not many have tested it out yet. 

I'm trying to find the appropriate way to open a technical issue with Microsoft, will keep this thread updated as I find out more.  If anyone else has this issue, i suggest rolling back to 5.1.40416.0.

Friday, August 21, 2015 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi th3_dude

Since you have 3rd party app, can you help me to test with other apps or different PC whether it will give you the same result?

Andy Nugraha

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Andy Nugraha Monday, August 31, 2015 9:40 AM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 7:56 AM