none
Administrator rights missing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I was wondering why I couldn't eg. change my internet fra public to private, and a lot of other functions. They weren't even visible - even though I have an administrator account. So I decided to create another account, and gave it administrator rights. I realised that all the functions which wasn't visible for me on the original account, was visible on the other administrator account. Now I have the option to move all my files etc. to the new administrator account, or try to fix the issue with my original administrator account.

I was wondering if someone has seen this issue before, and if there is a solution, where I don't have move everything to the new account. 
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:54 PM

Answers

• Hi loloak,

It seems that the present user account has been corrupted. Some third party software or improper operation may result in this. It should be a coincident issue. If the "System Restore" option is available, we could try to recover the machine to a previous normal point or we have to fix present user account.
    Here is a link for reference of fixing corrupted user profile.
    Fix a corrupted user profile (Applied to Windows 10)
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 15, 2016 6:51 AM

All replies

• Open Command Prompt and select Run as administrator there.
    • Accept the UAC prompt.
    • Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account: net user administrator /active:yes

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:36 PM
  • Hi loloak,

It seems that the present user account has been corrupted. Some third party software or improper operation may result in this. It should be a coincident issue. If the "System Restore" option is available, we could try to recover the machine to a previous normal point or we have to fix present user account.
    Here is a link for reference of fixing corrupted user profile.
    Fix a corrupted user profile (Applied to Windows 10)
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-corrupted-user-profile#1TC=windows-7

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 15, 2016 6:51 AM