expanding viewable email beyond one month RRS feed

• Question

• My Outlook limits the emails i can go back to - to 30 days from current date.

this does not work for me.  i have tried many different search criteria to expand the range.  i'd like to change the viewable range permenantly since i have to return to emails more than 30 days old on a regular basis.

my previous version of OUtlook did not do this.

Please help.

thanks

Monday, January 23, 2017 9:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of email account are you using? IMAP, Exchange ActiveSync or Exchange? Please try to click File > Account Settings > Account Settings, double click your email account to open the Change Account wizard. If you can see the "Mail to keep offline" slider, change it to the month you want.

If I've misunderstood something, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, February 3, 2017 8:30 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

Outlook 2010 and lower basically downloaded all the emails. Outlook 2013 and above has a slider options. By default, it will download 6 months of emails. You can select all as well. Only other time which it can be an issue is if your OST is corrupted, then will cause the email not display correctly, which you can resetup a profile to generate a new OST file.

Regards,

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, February 3, 2017 8:30 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 8:02 AM