Yet anothe test-owaconnectivity problem RRS feed

• Question

• Up till a month or so ago the SCOM OWA External Connectivity monitor was happy.  However as of late it is always failing with the following error: The test received an unexpected response to an Outlook Web Access request.
    URL: https://external.domain.com/owa/

My configuration is two CAS servers load balanced using MS NLB.  The NLB cluster FQDN is mail.domain.pvt.  The CAS servers are CAS1.domain.pvt and CAS2.domain.pvt.  The OWA Internal and External URLs on the CAS servers are configured as mail.domain.pvt and external.domain.com respectively.  The external FQDN is an ISA 2006 server proxying the requests to OWA using FBA.

I cannot figure out why it is failing with this message.  Every combination of test-OWConnectivity I use works fine whether or not I use my credentials for the CAS test user credentials.  I have verified that I can log onto OWA externally using the test CAS user.

[PS] C:\Windows\System32>Test-OwaConnectivity -clientaccessserver CAS1 -TestType external -TrustAnySSLCertificate

ClientAccessServer     MailboxServer         URL                                                        Scenario Result  Latency Error
                                                                                                                                                     (ms)
    ------------------        ------------- ---                                                                      -------- ------  ------- -----
    MW041-PRDEMLLDC   MBXSERVER            https://external.domain.com                     Logon     Success 484.38

[PS] C:\Windows\System32>Test-OwaConnectivity -clientaccessserver mw041-prdemlldc -TestType internal -TrustAnySSLCertificate

ClientAccessServer MailboxServer URL                                      Scenario Result  Latency Error
                                                                                                                      (ms)
    ------------------ -------------        ---                                        -------- ------  ------- -----
    CAS1                MBSERVER          https://mail.domain.pvt        Logon    Success 453.13                

These are run using my credentials but if I reset the CAS test user password and run them with the CAS user credentials I get successful results as well.  I have recreated the test CAS user several times but always end up with this error.              

Friday, May 13, 2011 5:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" in order to close the thread.
    In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.
    Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hello Jay, has this question already been answered in another way? I see it has been open for months without replies. If it is still current please let us know.
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog) - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 10:14 AM
  • Hi,
    As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" in order to close the thread.
    In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.
    Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:58 AM