App-V 5.0 Client PowerShell Commands RRS feed

• Question

• very nice to finally have App-V 5.0 Released.

I don't mind about the fully PowerShell environment. that's great.

but one thing I hoped will be fixed \ visible \ friendly is the access to those PowerShell commands in the background.

on the client side I know I can click on Show PowerShell Commands to get the list of the commands that were running,

but how to I copy them to use them manually afterwards?

I can live with learning all the "Get-AppVPublishServer" or all the other Cmdlets. but what about all those neverending named PackageGUIDS and VersionGUIDS? why can't I just Copy\Paste that info similar to what we had in App-V 4.6?

is there any way that I just don't know of?

thanks

Tamir Levy

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Submit that feedback on the Connect-site or contact your Technical Account Manager from Microsoft to provide that feedback.

Usually I never type the GUIDs, but instead parse the information from the get-noun to set-noun.

See this as an example;

http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/virtualisation/app-v-5-powershell-one-liners-adding-and-publishing-app-v-server-packages/

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:53 PM
  • as it's not a Beta anymore - the Connect-site is out of scope.

about the link you added - it's talking about adding package to the App-V server.

what I was talking about is actions on the client side.

for example - Deleting a specific package, load a specific package , etc...

Tamir Levy

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 2:59 PM
  • Hello,

The link was more a general example of how to utilize Powershell. The same parsing is applicable - regardless of where they are executed.

I assume you can contact your Technical Account Manager from Microsoft them.

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 3:02 PM
  • as it's not a Beta anymore - the Connect-site is out of scope.

As far as I'm aware, Microsoft will still watch items on Connect, it's just not a support channel (i.e. it's a good place for feature requests).

I have other examples of using PowerShell with App-V 5 here: http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/tag/app-v/

Alternatively, Microsoft has plenty of documentation on the PowerShell cmdlets in App-V 5 here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/jj713419.aspx

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 4:13 PM