MS Project 2010 Sync to Sharepoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I've synced a task list from MS Project to Sharepoint. Nice. Good. Now, how do I edit that sync? For instance, how do I tell MS Project to STOP syncing? Stop it, I want to start over?! Is there no undo? How do I edit sync details (the target site and task list name)? Once successfully synced, are you locked in place for all time?

Thanks,

--chris

Friday, February 25, 2011 1:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi chris,

Thanks for your post

There is a “Sync with task list” button in the MS Project. you can control whether the project is synced to the SharePoint Task List using the  button.

Here is a post about this:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project/archive/2009/10/19/project-2010-introducing-sync-to-sharepoint.aspx

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, March 4, 2011 6:14 AM
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 3:56 AM
  • Thanks for the response, but my question remains: How do I break the sync? How do I redirect the sync to another task list?

I cannot see how I "can control whether the project is synced to the Sharepoint Task list using the button." If I click the button, it just starts a new sync process! Not helpful. In your link, see the second-to-last image. There is Sync button, an indicator for the Sharepoint site, the Task list, and a button to manage fields. There is no "edit" button, no "manage sync" button.

How do I actually manage the sharepoint site sync? How do I:

• Break the sync?
    • Link my MS Project file to a different site?
    • Sync to a different task list?
    • Rename a sync task list?

Thanks,

--chris

-- christopher
    Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:38 PM
  • Hi Chirs,

Glad to receive your reply.

You can use the “Sync” button to sync the project the current task, and the “Manage Fields” button is used to manage the fields to by synced.

If you want to stop the sync, do not click the “Sync” button;

If you want o sync to a different task list, you have to create a new MS Project file.

Thursday, March 3, 2011 8:37 AM
  • Wayne,

That's what I thought. The feature is so new, it's only a 1-way street. Please add this to the list of feature requests for the next iteration: Users must be able to manage, or delete, the link between an MS Project file and SharePoint.

Thanks!

-- christopher
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:26 PM
  • Thanks for your suggestion.

At the same time, there is another product "Project Server 2010.", which can be integrated with MS Project.

More information:

http://www.microsoft.com/project/en/us/project-server-2010.aspx

Friday, March 4, 2011 6:13 AM