none
Users steal ownership of Wiki Articles in Profile Activity -- Is this bug still happening? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Is anyone seeing this Wiki/Profile bug still happening (not just the results of how it happened last year):

Users steal ownership of Wiki Articles in Profile Activity

This is where the wrong person gets credit for the article (they were an editor but not the author) in the Profile Activity tab and thus, they get the Author points.

Still happening?

Meaning that the bug starts happening this year (and not just the issues with it last year).

Thanks!

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 7:13 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Ed, now that msdn has the new profile page, we see points for our activities for the first time. So now I see this frequently, where users get the points appropriate for the author, but they only edited. In fact I have not yet seen anyone get the correct edit points.

Although the new msdn profile page shows the wrong points, I cannot tell if our points actually increase by this number.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, July 24, 2015 5:09 PM
  • I believe it is still happening. I often see activity in my profile for articles I edited.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Sunday, August 2, 2015 4:18 AM