none
Windows 1709, MDT image causes Citrix Receiver to error out RRS feed

• Question

• With the 1709 version of Windows, I've been trying to create a MDT image for laptops/desktops.  On a machine using the 1709 custom image, the Citrix Receiver errors out when you're trying to bring up the main Receiver screen, but will still run apps if you click on the Citrix app shortcuts, example, Desktop or Word/Excel.  Extremely strange.  We're running Citrix XenApp 6.5 and StoreFront 3.12.  MDT is version 6.3.8443.1000 and using version 10.1.16299.15 of ADK.

When I try to bring up the Receiver window, it generates two Application log errors that I've attached as picture files.  I've tried many things to solve this, nothing has worked.  I've tried various versions of the Receiver, including the new 4.10 version.  I've add/removed/re-added and waited to install .Net until I have the machine running.  I've tried removing the Receiver and running the Citrix Cleanup tool then reinstalling Receiver, still get the same error.

As far as the image, last one I tried was pretty much taking the Windows 1709 ISO, creating the image with windows updates and changing nothing else.  None of the registry changes I normally do, didn't remove any of the built in apps, nothing and it still is erroring out.  

Now if I manually build a machine using the 1709 iso, it works.  If I image a machine with my 1703 custom image and let windows update upgrade it to 1709, it works.  I can open up the Receiver main screen and add/remove shortcuts or launch apps.

I'm out of ideas, hoping someone else knows something I don't.  I have no issues with the other software installed, it's just Citrix Receiver erroring out.

thanks.

Susan Mertesdorf

Thursday, December 7, 2017 9:06 PM

All replies

• I installed the receiver on 1709 with MDT, but I omit Installation of USB because the unattended installation waits until the mouse is moved otherwise.
    Monday, December 18, 2017 1:19 AM