none
IE11 Enterprise Mode List Manager <=> local F12: why only document mode on client and what are these options? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This should be the implementation guide to IE11 enterprise mode list.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/ie11-deploy-guide/check-for-new-enterprise-mode-site-list-xml-file

My main question: in IE11, using F12 you see only document mode (Edge, IE10, 9 ...) but in Enterprise mode list, you can see
    other options (screenshot). That's confusing. Why these enterprise modes AND document mode? What is the difference and why does the client only have document mode? Also what means each option and what logic is there to implement, f.e. first enterprise mode then document mode, then in document mode first IE8 or IE10 ...?

Another question:
    I do not have a local xml, when we look for xml, it points to \\domain\netlogon\ienterprisemode.xml
    When I check Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKU:$using:SIDOfUser\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode").currentversion I do see a version. Where is this version then? Does that make sense?

Please advise.
    J.

Jan Hoedt

Friday, June 9, 2017 4:09 PM

All replies