MS-Word 2007 - 'Style' is being renamed automatically after editing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have noticed the following 'anomaly' after a recent upgrade to Office 2k7:

The effect is as follows:

Styles can be edited and saved and this is correct and the edit has the desired results, but after some (indeterminate) number of edits, the style will be duplicated and the duplicate is renamed with a plus '+' character in the name.

'Googling' has not produced any results and attempts to 'force' this have not functioned. None of my colleagues (word savvy) have any idea on this either.

I should dearly like to know what the 'logic' is - why / when this is initiated etcetera.Thanks for your assistance and friendly / helpful comments and answers.

Brgds,

David L. Debonnaire

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 12:20 PM

Answers

• Based on your description, my guess is that you are seeing entries with direct formatting in the Styles pane. In the Styles pane, click the Options link. Under "Select formatting to show as styles," deselect the three options. To transfer these settings to the attached template, select "New documents based on this template" before clicking OK.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 3:26 PM

All replies

• Based on your description, my guess is that you are seeing entries with direct formatting in the Styles pane. In the Styles pane, click the Options link. Under "Select formatting to show as styles," deselect the three options. To transfer these settings to the attached template, select "New documents based on this template" before clicking OK.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 3:26 PM
  • Hi Stefan,

when this re-occurs I shall try out your suggested actions and get back to you. Thanks for the response :-)

Brgds,

David D.

Monday, February 7, 2011 3:51 PM
  • I have the same problem. Will try the suggested too. Thanks David. I like your question!!

FB

Wednesday, February 9, 2011 4:00 PM