Windows 8.1 Preview Remote Desktop failing with low virtual memory error? RRS feed

• Question

• when trying to remote desktop using the Windows 8.1 app it just loads for a second and refreshes the main screen with no errors. When trying with the desktop app i can this error:

This computer can't connect to the remote computer.

The problem might be due to low virtual memory on your computer. Close your other programs, and then try connecting again. If the problem continues, contact your network administrator or technical support.

I am running on a machine that has 16GB of ram and when looking at resources there is more then plenty to share. Any one else seeing this issue? or know how to fix it?

• Edited by erothvt Friday, June 28, 2013 3:27 PM
    Friday, June 28, 2013 3:26 PM

All replies

• I am also encountering general instability with all my apps that use RDP....none of them seem to want to work...including the standard Remote Desktop app
    Saturday, June 29, 2013 3:46 AM
  • Also, connecting to Remote Web Apps fails as well as it appears to not like IE 11 and tells me my browser is incompatible
    Saturday, June 29, 2013 3:48 AM
  • I have found that all RDP connections seriously are lagging as well.
    Saturday, June 29, 2013 4:06 PM
  • I am also facing the same issue. Please let me know, if any one can find a solution for it ..
    Saturday, October 12, 2013 9:16 AM