none
Detach .vhd after Item Level Recovery from DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I have used ILR of a vhd from a DPM 2010 server.  I am using diskpart as well as Disk Management GUI and getting "Element not found" message when trying to detach .vhd.  I got 4 vhds mounted on the DPM server that I would like to detach as they are no longer needed.  How can I detach these?

Although I am getting "Element not found" message when trying to detach these vhds, I am still able to open the vhds as a mounted volume from Windows Explorer.  Also note that these VHDs are mounted as part of the ILR from within DPM 2010 administrative console.

• Moved by MarcReynolds Tuesday, April 5, 2011 6:10 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Sunday, April 3, 2011 11:21 PM

Answers

• Sorry for the late reply. It sounds to me like there may be some underlying issue with mountmgr and/or the other storage components/subsystem in Windows as the VHDs should not stay mounted after the ILR process is completed. If this is still occurring you may want to consider opening a support case with Microsoft so that we can investigate this issue further.

If the suggested answer does not help in resolving this thread then please re-open it.

Cheers, Tyler F [MSFT] - This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 7:43 PM