Home Page frozen RRS feed

• Question

• My home page setting seems to have become frozen, possibly a virus ?  When tools, internet options, general tab, home page is opened & a new url is entered, the setting always reverts to the same url of a page which won't open.  Entering the current page as the home page also doesn't change the rogue setting of the home page.  I've tried resetting IE settings to the default condition but equally without any success.  I've run the MS Safety Scanner tool but it found no malware.  Any ideas how this might be corrected ?
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you are having this homepage frozen issue on the desktop icon of Internet Explorer, then you may right click on the icon and select run as administrator to check if that helps.

Based on your description, I would like to suggest you try the following to check the issue:

1. Run Internet Explorer Performance Troubleshooter.

The Internet Explorer Performance Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check for any performance issues which are common with the Internet Explorer on the computer and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
    b. Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    c. In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    d. Click on “Internet Explorer Performance”.
    e. Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    f. Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

2. Run IE with no add-ons. Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Internet Explorer (with no add-ons). 

3. Optimize Internet Explorer and then add the homepage’s again.

I also would suggest you to perform the steps mentioned in the following article and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Tips for solving problems when Internet Explorer crashes or stops working:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-Internet-Explorer

Hope it works.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, November 25, 2013 1:52 PM
    Sunday, November 17, 2013 12:45 PM