win 7 taskbar RRS feed

• Question

• my takbar is not like I expected when I mouse over sometrhing instead of the preveiws and those features i just get the name of the winows that are open
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 5:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• my takbar is not like I expected when I mouse over sometrhing instead of the preveiws and those features i just get the name of the winows that are open
    Hi

Which edition of Windows 7 are you using?

If you are using the Starter edition, there are some features that are not available in that version. See the following article for more information.

Let’s talk about Windows 7 Starter - Windows 7 Team

If you are using Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate, try the following.

Try the Aero troubleshooter.

Open Control Panel/Troubleshooting.
    Under Appearance and Personalization, select the Display Aero desktop effects.

In the Troubleshooter dialog, click the Advanced link and place a check mark in the Apply Repairs Automatically option.

Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Thursday, March 4, 2010 8:18 PM
  • im am running ultimate and thank you it helped it told me my vid card did not support aero but i am haveing trouble finding on because for some reason i do not have a vid card slot i just have 3 regular slots and i want one with shader model 2.0 drectx 9.0c or 10 compatable and t&l compatable if you know were on is a link woul be helpful and very much appriciated
    Friday, March 5, 2010 1:41 AM
  • You will Probably need a PCI Video card, this is a link to PCI cards with drectx 9 and 10 I am sure there are others out there you can use Bing to find them. You should check with the PC manufacturer to make sure this is what you need.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&Subcategory=48&Description=&Type=&N=2010380048&srchInDesc=&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=&PropertyCodeValue=696%3A9642&PropertyCodeValue=686%3A9623&PropertyCodeValue=686%3A25271

Hope this helps,
    Garry
    Friday, March 5, 2010 3:19 AM
  • this helps alot thanks your the best you have just solved about 5 of my problems just in my price range too
    Friday, March 5, 2010 3:30 AM
  • im am running ultimate and thank you it helped it told me my vid card did not support aero but i am haveing trouble finding on because for some reason i do not have a vid card slot i just have 3 regular slots and i want one with shader model 2.0 drectx 9.0c or 10 compatable and t&l compatable if you know were on is a link woul be helpful and very much appriciated
    Hi

Like Garry said, you will need to shop around for a video card that will meet your needs.

Most modern, compatible, video cards will advertise if they support the different versions of Direct X and the Aero interface.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Friday, March 5, 2010 8:00 AM