Windows DVD Maker Menu Text RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to change the text color in the Menu Text section.  I would like a custom color, but the "Define Custom Colors" button is not active--it's there, but doesn't work.  Any suggestions as to why this button will not work?

Monday, January 24, 2011 3:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• make sure you'r logged on with an administrative account and try again.if it doesn't work, you may need to update DVD maker
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Monday, January 24, 2011 7:59 PM
  • Thanks--tried both of your suggestions, but still no luck.  Any other ideas?  (I am running Windows 7.)
    Renee Mortenson
    Monday, January 24, 2011 10:11 PM
  • I am trying to change the text color in the Menu Text section.  I would like a custom color, but the "Define Custom Colors" button is not active--it's there, but doesn't work.  Any suggestions as to why this button will not work?

Where do you find " Define Custom Colors " option ?

Here is the link to How to Burn DVD'swith Windows DVD Maker - Windows 7 Tutorials
    http://www.7tutorials.com/how-burn-dvds-windows-dvd-maker

The tutorial shows how to change text colour etc. It never mentions about  " Define Custom Colors " option.

If it solves your problem, I did it. If it does not, my twin brother did it.
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:39 AM
  • Yeah, I checked that tutorial, but as you said, it doesn't mention that option.  But, in the DVD Maker program, if you go to "Menu Text", below the font field, there is a text color button.  It lists the basic colors and then custom colors.  Below the custom colors is a button that says, "Define Custom Colors", but, as I said, it is inactive.

The same option is available on the text field in Movie Maker, and it does work in that program.

Renee Mortenson
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:39 AM
  • Yeah, I checked that tutorial, but as you said, it doesn't mention that option.  But, in the DVD Maker program, if you go to "Menu Text", below the font field, there is a text color button.  It lists the basic colors and then custom colors.  Below the custom colors is a button that says, "Define Custom Colors", but, as I said, it is inactive.

The same option is available on the text field in Movie Maker, and it does work in that program.

Renee Mortenson
    Yes I found it. And yes, it is grayed out. My aplogy.
    Isn't there enough selections under Basic Colors ?  :-)

If it solves your problem, I did it. If it does not, my twin brother did it.
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:48 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer to Creating Custom Transforms Using XML.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 28, 2011 8:17 AM
  • This might solve the problem, but is a bit too technical for me!  Also, I did notice that it was tagged for Vista and I am running Windows 7--would that make a difference?

Thanks for your response.

Renee Mortenson
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 7:24 PM
  • Hi,

It could be by-design for end-users. I found this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Burn-a-DVD-Video-disc-with-Windows-DVD-Maker and it does not mention the Define Custom Colors option.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, January 31, 2011 5:02 AM