Pinned contacts on Lync for Mac RRS feed

• Question

• I am seeing the pinned contacts move from the top to the bottom of the Lync window with no real predictability. This would not be a real problem were it not for that fact that I cannot remove the group totally as one can in IOS

Also the groups of contacts cannot be manually moved, instead they sort alphabetically.

Additionally the USB Headset audio issue seems to not be getting any response, are there plans for an update?

Thanks

Thursday, June 14, 2012 3:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Looks like if there is not headset device can be detected by lync client, it can not initiate a a\v conference. If the Lync client did not use the headset, please check which audio device the lync client used. Can you find any audio device setting page like the following figure in Lync for Mac:

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, June 25, 2012 1:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, June 29, 2012 2:13 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Looks like the contacts just can be Pinned to Frequent Contacts group. But you can move the Frequent Contacts group up and download.

If the your usb headset audio is not response, please make sure the device is selected in the Audio Device Sittings of the Lync Client or the device is set as default communication device in the Sound sitting of Control Panel.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, June 16, 2012 7:22 AM
  • Sorry, I am using a Mac:

1. Contacts can be pinned to the "Pinned Contacts" group in Lync for Mac, there is no Favorites group on the Mac.

2. There is no audio control panel on the Mac version. I believe that there is a bug in the implementation and the way that it talks to OS X core audio. The headset is the default device and yet Lync does not use it.

Thanks

Justin

Saturday, June 16, 2012 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

Looks like if there is not headset device can be detected by lync client, it can not initiate a a\v conference. If the Lync client did not use the headset, please check which audio device the lync client used. Can you find any audio device setting page like the following figure in Lync for Mac:

• Proposed as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, June 25, 2012 1:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Friday, June 29, 2012 2:13 AM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 8:46 AM