Unstalling Vista and installing XP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a question . I bought a new gateway laptop and it has Win. Vista on it . I also bought a new hard for it so I could replace vista with XP. My question is what does LXDR ATA mean it is a error I get when I try to install the software for XP. If I get pass that and the software does run then I get a message the it was not installed because no Hard drive was found. I hope you can help.

Thanks 

Monday, July 2, 2007 9:32 AM

All replies

• hi! did you mean X LDR error..!! its a parallel ATA related error  ! please confirm
    Monday, July 2, 2007 10:25 AM
  • Hi,

I don't know much about laptops, but it seems that you get power/data failure during boot process that it shows you no hard drive. Make sure the new hard disk is installed inside the laptop with all cables well attached.

Good luck

Monday, July 2, 2007 10:24 PM
  • Try these and let me know if it works.

First restart your computer and go into bios. On your raid setting check that the bios detects the hard drive as IDE not SATA. If not change it to IDE. Identify the manufacturer of your hard drive "fujitsu etc", incase you need hdd utilities from them. "F10" then select yes to save.Have the utilities ready, on bootable disk or usb drive.

Format the hard drive, then install windows.

good Luck

Thursday, July 12, 2007 3:58 PM
  •  

hi :

I bought  a HP notebook with Windows vista , and beacuse a software that I'm working with that , doesn't run on Vista I have to replace Vista with XP Proffesional , but there is an Error , during the setup , that no eny harddisk was found , what can I do please ?

Would you help me please ?

My notebook does't have Floopy drive .

Thank's .

BYE

• Proposed as answer by param112111 Tuesday, October 13, 2009 6:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:20 PM
  • hi

Woud you please send your answer that recieve from microsoft , for me ?

Thank's

bye

VAHID

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:25 PM
  •  

HI :

woud you please send the answer that you recived from Microsoft , to me ?

thank's .

bye

VAHID

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:30 PM
  • Hi Vahid... Just had this issue on my new HP notebook. You will need to start hitting the f10 key as soon as you boot the machine to enter the bios -- then key over to the "System Configuration" Tab -- then key down to the "SATA Native Support" -- then hit the space bar to change it from ENABLE to DISABLE. Hit f10 to save and reboot -- all should be good. Hope this Helps.

-Mattrix (who stole my handle?)

Friday, July 27, 2007 10:43 PM
  • hi guys,

i am planning to buy a sony vaio laptop, vgn cr12gh. i want to know that, can i install the windows xp instead of vista? is there any problem if i do so? pl let me know very fast beacause i am planning to buy it as early as possible.

thanks

ani

Monday, August 27, 2007 3:51 PM
  • hello.

I have aproblem in my laptop .I hope to find somesolv

I wont to unstalling windowse vista I cant unstalling

what can I do.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:58 AM
  • thekogm
    i have tried that and i do not have the option to change the hard drive setting. it is stuck at SATA. i think i need to upgrade my bios. what bio version are you using? it came with 7211. i am upgrading to 7214
    Friday, October 5, 2007 12:29 AM