none
Get-FASTSearchContentCollection Error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

When run the following command i am getting this error.please let me know how to resolve this.

Get-FASTSearchContentCollection

Get-FASTSearchContentCollection : Could not create client proxy for backend com
    ponent 'fds/configservice'.
    At line:1 char:32
    + Get-FASTSearchContentCollection <<<<
        + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: (:) [Get-FASTSearchContentColl
       ection], AdminException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : e105: Could not create client proxy for backend
       component 'fds/configservice'.,Microsoft.SharePoint.Search.Extended.Admini
      stration.Commandlets.GetCollectionCommand

Thanks,

Sudan.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:42 PM

Answers

• I saw this same error message and discovered the cause was that all the FAST services (crawler, indexer, node controller, etc.) were not running.

Fix this by running (in FAST PowerShell) the nctrl start command.

This was unexpected because I was following the Technet instructions to Verify successful installation and I had successfully run nctrl status and saw all the services running ok. Moments later I attempted to Test integration between FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint and SharePoint Server by running Get-FASTSearchContentCollection, I got "Could not create client proxy for the backend component 'fds/configservice' just as you did.

I wasted 2 hours going down various rat-holes before I noticed, in Windows Services, that all my FAST services were not running!

I opened the Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint shell (PowerShell) and tried running nctrl status again.  This time it failed with "

The FAST Search Service is not running.

So I ran nctrl start ... followed by nctrl status  again:

This again showed all  FAST services running again.  Going back to the original problem, I tried Get-FASTSearchContentCollection again.

All good this time.

M. Cox

Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:25 AM
  • Ensure there isn’t a proxy server configured in Internet Explorer on the FAST server.

Ankit

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:12 AM

All replies

• I saw this same error message and discovered the cause was that all the FAST services (crawler, indexer, node controller, etc.) were not running.

Fix this by running (in FAST PowerShell) the nctrl start command.

This was unexpected because I was following the Technet instructions to Verify successful installation and I had successfully run nctrl status and saw all the services running ok. Moments later I attempted to Test integration between FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint and SharePoint Server by running Get-FASTSearchContentCollection, I got "Could not create client proxy for the backend component 'fds/configservice' just as you did.

I wasted 2 hours going down various rat-holes before I noticed, in Windows Services, that all my FAST services were not running!

I opened the Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint shell (PowerShell) and tried running nctrl status again.  This time it failed with "

The FAST Search Service is not running.

So I ran nctrl start ... followed by nctrl status  again:

This again showed all  FAST services running again.  Going back to the original problem, I tried Get-FASTSearchContentCollection again.

All good this time.

M. Cox

Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:25 AM
  • I am facing the same issue as above and my all fast services are running.

Not sure what is the issue still...can anyone help in this regard.

Regards,

Altaf.

ALtaf Ali

Friday, April 19, 2013 6:23 AM
  • Ensure there isn’t a proxy server configured in Internet Explorer on the FAST server.

Ankit

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 8:12 AM