Sequencing MapInfo 10.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Has anybody come across sequencing MapInfo 10.5? I have sequenced 6.5 no problems but I believe the licensing service (Flexnet licensing service) may be causing the issue.

During sequencing and when the application is published to the client an error message pops up on startup of the application "We are unable to validate your license due to Error 21. Please Contact Pitney Bowes." The application then closes.

I have even selected evaluation through setup, but still get the message.

Speaking to Pitney Bowes, they state that error 21 is Error 21) means that /** Config file doesn't support this version */.  This may be down to the lc_flexinit failed because there were insufficient rights to start the FLEXnet Licensing Service. You can probably resolve this by setting the service to start automatically"

Looking at the services that are captured I have change the FLEXnet service to start automatically, but the error stil remains.

They have also said they support the software with Citrix, and expected this to work with APP-V, but is not supported (they havent tested with APP-V)

I have tried this with MapInfo 9.5 and I dont get the error only with 10.5

Any pointers would be great.

Monday, October 31, 2011 4:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Does the service start successfully when executed within the virtual environment?
    /Znack
    Monday, October 31, 2011 5:04 PM
  • Have you tried deploying the FlexNet service outside of the App-V package?

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.
    Monday, October 31, 2011 6:59 PM
  • I am getting this error as well with MapInfo 11.0, Im using a license server and have the app set up to silently get a license on launch and return it on shutdown. Any one got any ideas what could be causing this error?

Thanks

Friday, November 4, 2011 11:13 AM
  • Hello,

Attempt the solution posted here;

http://www.appvirtguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3661

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by DanMags Friday, November 4, 2011 3:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Lus7y Monday, November 7, 2011 4:32 PM
    Friday, November 4, 2011 11:26 AM
  • Znack

That solution works a treat ;-)

Thank you.