External Key:
          ID: {A3BB4185-D72F-4EE2-B649-CFC73FD2EB9C}
          External Key File Name:
            A3BB4185-D72F-4EE2-B649-CFC73FD2EB9C.BEK

how i can't lock my partition 

i have 3 more partition same way

Saturday, December 22, 2018 10:16 PM

All replies

• Yes there is a way to unlock Bitlocker-encryption drive just using recovery key

There is a step by step procedure please refer the below article

https://www.isumsoft.com/computer/unlock-bitlocker-encryption-usb-drive-without-password.html

Forgot BitLocker Encryption password is a frustrating experience. If you have no idea to unlock your locked USB drive, read on. Here we introduce how to gain access to a locked flash drive by using recovery key. In addition, we will show you how to reset the BitLocker Encryption password and turn off BitLocker via CMD.

reset a forgotten password

Hope this helps...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers if they helped, also set "like" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Sunday, December 23, 2018 1:33 AM
  • Hi,                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Thanks for posting your query here.

Do you mean you have forgot your recovery password?

When we encrypted a disk with bitlocker, it will let us to choose the location to save your recovery password.

From the cmd  “manage-bde -protectors -get g:”, I can see your protection methods are recovery password and USB Key.

Please check the following link to find your recovery key:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026181/windows-10-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

Normally, if Bitlocker is prompting for a recovery key, it also show the Recovery Key ID assigned to the drive that needs to be recovered.

Besides, you have the protector ID of the recovery password and call it password ID, then simply give it to your IT. The recovery password is saved to AD together with the password ID of the recovery key.

Also check this:

How to open Bitlocker drive without password or Bitlocker recovery key

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 24, 2018 8:52 AM
  • Hi,

If you mean why your bitlocker encrypted drive can auto-unlock. 

Auto-unlock feature allows a user to access the data and removable data drives without entering the password every time. It works only while OS drive is encrypted with Bitlocker. 

So we need check if we enable this feature. For more information, please check this: 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/dubaisec/2018/07/11/bitlocker-auto-unlock/

Besides, removable devices will always present the option to automatically unlock the volume.  Non-removable devices will correctly disable the auto-unlock feature if the system drive is unencrypted.
    The system(s) were running under VMWare, and by default most devices including the hard drives are hot-plug.  Disabling the hot-plug function results in the system seeing the hard drive as a standard, fixed (i.e. non-removable) device, and then Bitlocker functions correctly.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, December 29, 2018 3:47 AM