OOB SCCM 2012 Machine Name RRS feed

• Question

• I have sucessufly provisioning my machines on the new SCCM 2012, but the machine name on sccm 2012 console change to <machine name>+ $IME.

This is normal? Change my machine name?

On Active diretory on AMT OU its the same problem, he create the new oob objecto whit the $IME
    Friday, July 6, 2012 1:45 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem - it initially appeared to be a cosmetic issue but it break the right click tools - they appear to try and address the machine using the name with the iME extension rather than it proper netbios name - eg pc-346iME and not pc-346

Did you find a solution to this?

Thanks,

Sam

Friday, September 14, 2012 2:16 PM
  • I think I know why it is happening - still doing testing to confirm but I think that it is the Group Discovery discovering the members of the AMT machines group. I turned off Group discovery and after a full ad resync and an hour or so all the machine names of active computers reverted back to their proper netbios name without the iME at the end.

Going to try and turn on group discovery once I figure out how to exclude my AMT computers group....

• Proposed as answer by NeighborGeek Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:50 PM
    Friday, September 14, 2012 4:12 PM
  • Hi, sorry for the delay answer, yes you need to exclude  discovery Group and discovery System for OU AMT. I dont no why this is happen, this need to be reported to Microsoft.

Regards,

• Edited by Jotapppf Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:44 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:24 AM