User with Family Safety cannot access any internet sites even those allowed RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently set up a separate User account for my 11 year old son with general family safety chosen and a couple of sites like Youtube allowed.

However, whenever he tries to go to any website via Bing / IE he gets the message "This Page canrsquo;t be displayed. Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 in advanced settings and try connecting to <name of website> again. If this error persists, contact your site administrator"  (the message does include the typos)

I'm not very technical and so I don't have a clue what to do.  I can't even find the Advanced Settings it refers to!

Help!

Sunday, July 12, 2015 1:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Tools>Internet Options>Advanced settings tab... is the Advanced settings that the instructions refer to.

It sounds like you have not turned on your wireless connection.... the f11 key (on laptops) should show a small blue light when it is enabled. Also there is a network connectivity indicator in the Task bar... an exclamation bar appears there when the wireless connection has been dropped.

The error message that you quoted (TSSL error) can erroneously occur on public networks when the wireless router is powered down. Check that your wireless router is turned on and powered up... click the reset button it... (the reset button may be just a tiny pinhole that you need a pen to click it with)... You should see some flashing lights on the router when it has an active connection to the internet. (the router pings the ISP provider every second or so to handshake with their servers). For more details about resetting your router please refer to your wireless routers documentation or their website.

Setup Family Safety - Windows Help

Your local computer repair shop or a friend may be able to help you configure and secure your computer. Insanity is inherited from our children... make sure you have an Activated and current anti-virus program installed..

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us.

Please include the full address (copied from the browser address bar) of any website(s) you are having problems with your questions.... Sometimes websites are offline or unavailable or go out of business... with the correct web site address we can attempt to visit the site and to make some tests.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Monday, July 13, 2015 2:21 AM