Adobe Reader and Acrobat conflict RRS feed

• Question

• We have Adobe Acrobat Pro 9 installed locally to a workstation.  Adobe Reader sequenced using 4.5.  When Acrobat prints it writes "AcroFnt09.lst" to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\9.0\Cache.  If a user then launches Reader(VirtApp) and tries to print, Reader crashes.  We noticed it was trying to write to the same file in the same location.  Has anyone seen this before?  Is there something we can do during the sequencing of Reader to fix this?  thanks.
    Friday, July 31, 2009 5:06 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Per default \local should be excluded from the virtual-application, so a conflict could occur.

I suppose you could remove it from the exclusion list and have it virtualized aswell, but I never tried that so I don't know what kind of results it would give acrobat reader 9....

/Znack
    Friday, July 31, 2009 5:10 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Per default \local should be excluded from the virtual-application, so a conflict could occur.

I suppose you could remove it from the exclusion list and have it virtualized aswell, but I never tried that so I don't know what kind of results it would give acrobat reader 9....

/Znack
    Friday, July 31, 2009 5:10 PM
  • Znack,

We went back and sequenced Reader with Acrobat installed on the sequencer and that resolved the problem.  However, we will also try removing the \local before sequencing.  If it works, we will go that route.  I will post the results of the second test as well.  Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by znack Saturday, August 1, 2009 8:14 AM
    Friday, July 31, 2009 6:29 PM
  • The exclusion worked great, so we will use that as our solution.  Thanks again.
    Tuesday, August 4, 2009 10:42 PM
  • Znack,
    you mentioned per default \local is excluded... what exactly is \local... is that C:\ you you would put that in the sequencer application exclusion list??????
    Brian
    Monday, December 28, 2009 8:48 PM
  • Hello,

See the path mentioned in original posters query. It contains \local in part of it and anything beneath it is per default excluded during monitoring.

/Znack
    Monday, December 28, 2009 10:19 PM