automatically add a users primary computer in an incident request submitted through the portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How could i automatically add a users primary computer in an incident request submitted through the portal in a way that is transparent to the user? Is this possible to set up in scsm 2012 R2?

If not, is it possible to set up an orchestrator runbook or something for this?

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 4:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, you could do this with a Runbook in Orchestrator. There's some things to think about though.
    - If the user have several primary computers, how would you know which one to relate to the incident?
    - How can you be sure that the user is reporting an issue about his Primary Computer?
    - Are you sure you want to relate the computer to an Incident even if the incident is about something else, like a mobile phone issue?

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:08 PM
  • Dear i686

I think you should this blogpost by Travis Wright: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2011/11/08/displaying-a-user-s-computers-in-a-request-offering.aspx

The point that Anders Asp is making is a good one, and by doing the setup as Travis describes you can actually display several primary computers to the user and he or she can Select the proper one.

Sunday, March 2, 2014 8:47 PM