Update SfB status when on mobile call RRS feed

• Question

• I think this would be useful for many of us.

I tell people to look at my status so they know when I'm in a meeting, call or away from my desk but then I disappoint them when my status is available, they call and I can't answer as I'm on my mobile phone to someone else.

How can the status be changed to "on call" when I'm using my mobile? Obviously it needs to be an app, script or Flow on my phone. All I need is for it to change my status in SfB when I'm using the mobile network.

Seems so obvious that I thought I'd ask before spending too much time on it initially.

Anyone?

Il y a 10 sortes de personnes. Celles qui comprennent le binaire et celles qui ne le comprennent pas.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 9:21 AM

Answers

• While I have submitted this as a feature request there are applications available to achieve this functionality.

It would be good to have this as a feature in the app as it makes perfect sense for your status to be able to show availability that can reflect activity on the device.

I appreciate your reply Jim but it hardly counts as being of much assistance and seems to be factually incorrect so I'm sorry I can't mark it as an answer.

Il y a 10 sortes de personnes. Celles qui comprennent le binaire et celles qui ne le comprennent pas.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hi wormscoffer,

By my researching, at present, there are no ways to change SFB status automatically when we phone to someone. Because phone to someone will not be controlled by SFB client or SFB server. If you want to have this feature on SFB mobile, you could submit a feedback by the following link, thanks for your understanding and support:

https://www.skypefeedback.com/

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Edited by jim-xu Wednesday, May 3, 2017 5:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by jim-xu Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:44 AM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 5:55 AM
  • While I have submitted this as a feature request there are applications available to achieve this functionality.

It would be good to have this as a feature in the app as it makes perfect sense for your status to be able to show availability that can reflect activity on the device.

I appreciate your reply Jim but it hardly counts as being of much assistance and seems to be factually incorrect so I'm sorry I can't mark it as an answer.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:26 AM