none
The case of the missing Distribution Group members [Exchange 03 sp2 / 2010 sp1 coexistence] RRS feed

• Question

• I have run into the strangest issue.  I have a number of distribution groups that originiated in Exchange 2003 and are now used by users in our 2010 sp1 test group.  Case in point TeamA has Bob, Sally, John, and Mary.

If I use OWA with 2010 sp1 and a 2010 mailbox I can see all members of TeamA.

If I use OWA with 2003 sp2 and a 2003 mailbox I can see all members of TeamA.

If I use Outlook 2007 or 2010 I cannot see John and Mary as members of the group.

I recently performed the simplification of the 2010 sp1 owa url.  I had not had any users complaining of this behavior before this was performed.

Any ideas?

Regards.

Monday, May 23, 2011 9:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are these members "hidden" as in "Hide from Address Book"? 
    • Marked as answer by Holmesjrh Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:16 AM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 11:46 PM
  • Most definitely. 

get-recipient -recipienttype MailContact -filter {HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled -eq $true} | set-contact -HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled $false

The same for set-mailbox, set-distributiongroup, and set-publicfolder be sure to change the -recipienttype to match you set cmd-let.

I was running around in circles looking at OAB distribution issues before reading tony redmonds exchange 2010 inside out about the same time you posted. Many thanks for the correct diagnosis.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 12:16 AM