Schedule Info randomly disappears in Scheduling Assistant display RRS feed

• Question

• I have an administrative assistant that has been granted Full Control and Send As permissions for the mailboxes of three company executives.  She (the admin assistant) is running our standard build, Windows 10 build 1703 with Office 365 Pro.  When she attempts to schedule appointments for these executives, the calendar information will disappear being replaced with black hash marks indicating the calendar info is unavailable.  I've seen this myself, but cannot repeat the behavior on demand.  What I saw was the assistant schedules one of the execs for a meeting in the scheduling assistant, e.g., Joe Doakes.  Joe's information is displayed, including meeting titles (not just free/busy).  The assistant will flip to the  appointment tab to type something and when she returns to the Scheduling Assistant, Joe's info is gone and is replaced by black hash marks.  I cannot replicate on demand, but it happens a lot to the schedules of all three delegated mailboxes.  The assistant even has a Calendar window open with all three delegated calendars open, with all schedule info visible.  This is random, but occurs often enough to impact the assistant's performance.

Another quirky thing about her Outlook client is that when she types a recipient in the To: or CC: field, that recipient's name is resolved in different ways.  For example, she types Joe Do and autocomplete puts Joe Doakes in the field.  That name will resolve as Joe Doakes or as Joe Doakes (joe.doakes@mysmtpdomain.com).  Both are considered resolved, the email address property for both names are identical.  They randomly resolve one way or the other.  This happens for all delegated mailboxes. 

This Assistant is the only person in our organization experiencing these problems.  The Assistant has received a new computer, had her Outlook profile rebuilt, delegation permissions removed and reassigned, and auto-complete address file deleted.  These problems keep coming back.

Any help appreciated.

• Moved by Steve Fan Monday, March 12, 2018 9:09 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Friday, March 9, 2018 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Thomas,

Does this issue also occur on OWA?

>>the calendar information will disappear being replaced with black hash marks indicating the calendar info is unavailable.

Do you mean the black hash marks and warning messages shown as the following picture?

Do you have iCloud add-in installed? According to my research, many users reported that this add-in will lead to this issue.You can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

Does it happen to specific attendee’s Calendar? Please check if the default permission of their Calendar set to Free/Busy time.

Any updates, please don’t hesitate to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 12, 2018 5:14 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any updates with this issue?

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 1:27 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Thank you for replying.  I apologize for the delay in getting back to this issue.  To answer your questions:

1. Yes, the hash marks shown in your picture, like there is no information available.  Again, the information was there (full info, not just free/busy), edited the Appointment tab, returned to the      Scheduling Assistant tab and one of the delegated calendar's information was missing.  I saw this myself.
    2. No iCloud add-in installed.
    3. It happens to all three of the delegated mailboxes, but sporadically.  The problem cannot be reproduced on demand.
    4. The default permissions for all calendars is Free/Busy.  The assistant has been delegated full permission.

We are testing with OWA to see if we get same results.  Unfortunately, we can test OWA, but using OWA is a non-starter for this user.

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:59 AM
  • Hi Thomas Walter,

Thank you for your reply.

According to my research, this issue could be caused by corrupted auto-complete list. Please try adding their names using the Address Book instead of typing their names in the list or having them auto-completed and then see the result.

If issue continues, please also try to run Test E-mail AutoConfiguration tool to test the Autodiscover service and Availability service URL. To do this, please refer to the steps below.

1. Hold Ctrl key and right-click the Outlook icon in the system tray.

2. Select Test Email AutoConfiguration.

3. Input your email address and password,

4. Uncheck use guessmart and secure guessmart authentication, click Test to check your Autodiscover service.

5. Under Log tab, please check whether a proper XML file can be returned successfully.

If there are any updates, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:40 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Sunday, March 18, 2018 3:00 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 1:36 AM
  • Hi Thomas Walter,

Have you tried the suggestion above? Does it work for you.

If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, March 19, 2018 9:18 AM