none
Microsoft Project 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have to assign multiple resources to single tasks/projects.  I am trying to find out how to place the resources in a certain order.  In other words, I want the first resource I assign to a project to always show up first, the second resource I assign to a project to always show up second in order, the third one I assign to show up third, etc...

MP changes the order of the resources - sometimes one will be first (and I assigned it last)

I need to be able to change the order of the resources as they show up

Monday, July 16, 2018 2:13 PM

All replies

• Sam P OSI,

First of all, why does it matter which resource shows up first?

Second, exactly how are you assigning the resources? For example, if you assign resources by selecting from the pick list in the Resource Names field of the Gnatt Chart view, the pick list will appear in alphabetical order and regardless of which resource you select first, second, etc. they will appear in the Resource Names field in alphabetical order. If on the other hand you assign resources using the Assign Resources window, the resources will appear in the order you select them. And, the order can vary depending on when the resources are assigned (e.g. initially, or added after).

If you look at the Task Usage view, the assignment lines will display the resources in the same order as they appear on the Resource Sheet (i.e. in ascending Resource ID order).

John

Monday, July 16, 2018 2:54 PM