none
Active directory response:000000005:SecErr DSID........ (Setting up Send AS)

Question

• I don't know why this error message is coming up when I'm doing everything as Admin account and the account has rights to create, etc. rights.

"Active Directory operation failed on DC02.bskb.com. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Access is denied. Active directory response: 00000005: SecErr: DSID-03152612, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0"

Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:53 PM

All replies

• Instead of saying, "doing everything," please tell us exactly and completely what you're doing and what happens.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:00 PM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, I know that you are getting the error message above when you assign mailbox's send as permission.

Any misunderstandings, be free to post back!

To fix it:

Find the user in ADUC, and then go to the properties -> Security -> Advanced:

Check if the permission inheritance has been enabled. If it displays as "Disable inheritance", then we need to refer to the steps in the following article to grant the "modify permissions" permission to Exchange Trusted Subsystem.

Access denied when you try to give user "send-as" or "receive as" permission for a Distribution Group in Exchange Server 2010 or Exchange Server 2013

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 18, 2018 8:54 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 6:23 PM