Create a virtual machine in Windows Azure RRS feed

• Question

• I created a Windows Azure account because I need a virtual machine with Windows 2008 where I plan to install Biztalk Developer Edition for training purposes during my vacation.

I have googled for how to create a virtual machine in Azure. But in the example I have found the Management Portal doesn't look the same as it does for me. I can't see anything about create a VM.
    Can someone in simple steps explain how I can create a VM from the Management Portal?

Saturday, June 23, 2012 8:28 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Are you looking for the "new" portal or the "old" one in silverlight ? If it's the "old" one you have a link on the buttom of the page to the new portal.

You have also to sign up for Virtual Machines Preview on Account page in the new portal in order to get access to it. 

If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful". Best Regards.

• Marked as answer by steohl Saturday, June 23, 2012 1:20 PM
    Saturday, June 23, 2012 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you looking for the "new" portal or the "old" one in silverlight ? If it's the "old" one you have a link on the buttom of the page to the new portal.

You have also to sign up for Virtual Machines Preview on Account page in the new portal in order to get access to it. 

If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful". Best Regards.

• Marked as answer by steohl Saturday, June 23, 2012 1:20 PM
    Saturday, June 23, 2012 11:46 AM
  • Try these Step-By-Step Instructions: http://itproguru.com/expert/2015/08/create-a-virtual-machine-running-windows-in-the-azure-preview-portal/

Dan Stolts (ITProGuru)

Saturday, March 5, 2016 5:54 PM