Why and when should I use Meeting Migration Service (MMS)? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to understand why and when should I use MMS. I am reading this article: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/audio-conferencing-in-office-365/setting-up-the-meeting-migration-service-mms

It says: "By default, MMS is automatically triggered in each of these cases, although admins can disable it at the tenant level." I see people using it even if they do not disabled it.

Can someone explain it to me? Are there additional benefits to run or not to run this tool?

Thank you. Eric.

• Moved by woshixiaobai Monday, May 6, 2019 1:37 AM move this case to the right forum
    Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Eric,

MMS is enabled by default for all organizations. As the official document you provided shows, if you enabled MMS, when you do some changes which are related to the existing meetings, MMS will be automatically triggered. 

You could also refer to the following blog to find the details about MMS: Meeting Migration Service Skype Academy – Summary. Following describe the functions of MMS: When the admin makes a change they are changing the back end conferencing meeting configuration for the users which mean all previous meeting invites are invalid. Sad smile the meeting urls and phone numbers are invalid and are not accessible and people using existing meeting information wont be able to join the meetings and the meeting join will fail. MMS goes into the users mailbox,  finds the meetings, updates the meeting information and sends this to the original invitees and updates the backend for you.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by KPABA Saturday, May 4, 2019 10:31 PM
    Friday, May 3, 2019 7:26 AM