none
Login Password Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:  As I (we) go through these login password issues, I remain puzzled about the following:

1. We talk about the Admin Password!

2. We talk about the System Password!

3. And finally, we see and talk about the BIOCS (spelling?) Password!

I am confused about which one does what and the importance of each along with the processes to reset as required?

Any thoughts and wisdom? Please! Thanks!  Louis

Saturday, June 10, 2017 5:46 PM

All replies

• Admin password , refers to administrator account in your Windows and mainly you should change it.

Sometimes, people refer Admin account as system account , but in reality, system account is special user account in Windows which manage system and you never need to work with it or create password and you have limit access to it and mainly, you dealt with  administrator password.

BIOCS? , may be you are referring to BIOS, it is password you may put in your BIOS and it is being used before Windows boot up. In some cases, you may want to setup it for additional security.

Saturday, June 10, 2017 7:15 PM
  • Hi ,

I totally agree with Cyber_Defend_Team. If you want to reset account password, you could logon with another administrator account then reset it. If you want to reset BIOS password, we suggest you ask your device manufacturer for help, they are the best resource to help you.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 12, 2017 2:46 AM