Authenticator sent wrong codes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been using Authenticator on my Window phone for 4 months, but in last 4 days, I couldn't access some websites with the codes from Authenticator. I received the notice that I need to check the clock in my authenticator device to verify that it's in sync. Please advise how to do that step as I can't find the Setting in my authenticator.

Thank you

Regards

Thuong

Monday, September 11, 2017 2:53 AM

Answers

• Hi

According to your description, I suggest when you set time, you had better use the time provided by the network, please refer to this link.

https://windowsphone.stackexchange.com/questions/761/what-does-the-the-phone-use-to-set-the-datetime-automatically

If does not work, I suggest you could re-add your account and test again.

Regards,

Walter

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by ThuongDTD Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:51 AM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 5:55 AM
  • Hi

If possible, you could delete accounts in the app and re-add them. If it does not work, maybe you could re-install the Microsoft Authenticator App.

Regards,

Walter

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi

According to your description, I suggest when you set time, you had better use the time provided by the network, please refer to this link.

https://windowsphone.stackexchange.com/questions/761/what-does-the-the-phone-use-to-set-the-datetime-automatically

If does not work, I suggest you could re-add your account and test again.

Regards,

Walter

Monday, September 11, 2017 5:55 AM
  • Hi,

I checked and my phone clock is set correctly and updated automatically. I don't know why it still doesn't work with the authenticator. Please advise how I could re-add my account to test again.

Thanks

Regards

Thuong

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:59 AM
  • Hi

If possible, you could delete accounts in the app and re-add them. If it does not work, maybe you could re-install the Microsoft Authenticator App.

Regards,

Walter

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 5:24 AM
  • Hi

Regards,

Walter

Deleting an account and re-adding it did not work for one of the accounts I am having problems with.

I will not re-install the app, as I do not want to go through the process of resetting all these MFAs. I suspect there is just a bug in the app that can be fixed without me losing them.

Do you have other suggestions?

• Edited by Wade Dorrell Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:41 PM
    Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:40 PM
  • Any resolution to this problem?  Getting bad codes too but no indication what the problem is.  Tried all kinds of troubleshooting with no success.
    Monday, July 2, 2018 6:02 AM