Outlook 2016 Contact, Notes Section Duplicating Information RRS feed

• Question

• I've asked this question at answers.microsoft.com where it was suggested I submit to technet due to it being a corporate environment, if this is the incorrect forum please move as necessary.

User in a corporate environment has noticed that every time she opens a contact the Notes section of the contact gets duplicated with a new time/date stamp.  The contact is NOT in the GAL, is there a check box or Outlook add-in that controls this behavior? https://fud.community.services.support.microsoft.com/Fud/FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=b5e254b1-47e5-48e8-9144-ba0ea97d1ef4

This is NOT about importing or duplicating contacts, only the Note section of the contacts.  It seems like a journaling setting but I'll be damned if I can find it, or anyone else with the same issue.

We are using Exchange 2010 SP3 version 14.3.361.4001 (I don't have access to these servers, I can reach out to our exchange group if necessary)

Wesley S. Pritchett Network & Systems Administrator

• Moved by Niko.Cheng Monday, September 4, 2017 8:21 AM move to correct forum
    Friday, September 1, 2017 3:06 PM

All replies

• I recommend that you post this in the Outlook Forum:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, September 1, 2017 5:10 PM
  • Hi Wesley,

I have moved this case to Outlook forum, and hope you can get an effective solution timely.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Niko.Cheng Monday, September 4, 2017 8:27 AM
    Monday, September 4, 2017 8:27 AM
  • Hi Wesley,

Does the issue only happen to one specific contact? How did you create this contact before, created from Outlook client, synced from other devices or imported by using any file in Outlook?

Try to create a new Contact in Outlook client, confirm if there is anything generated in Notes for new contact.

Additionally, go to Outlook File > Options > Add-ins, select Manage COM Add-ins, click GO. Make sure there is no add-ins enabled there. If there is, uncheck to disable it for Outlook.

Best Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 10:09 AM
  • Hi,

I have not heard back from you in a few days and wanted to check on the status of the problem. If you have any questions with the previous information I've provided, please don't hesitate to let me know. I am glad to be of assistance. 

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:41 AM