Feature Request: RSA default text RRS feed

• Question

• When a UAG admin creates a repository of type RSA SecurID, it whould automatically use a different string number on the login page which defaults to the text "Passcode"  instead of the text "Password".   That way by default the login page will say:

User name:

Passcode:

OR

User name:

AD Password:

RSA Passcode:

I know I can acheive the same thing by creating a customupdate of Login.asp and some custom language xml files, but that code in Login.asp should already be in there as I'd suspect that's what 90% of the folks who use RSA would want it to say.   I find myself manually customizing this over and over again at ever customer I go to who uses RSA...

Thanks,

Mark

Thursday, June 3, 2010 7:36 PM

Answers

• Hi Mark. It appears that no one has been able to answer your question, even though it's been here for a while. I'm marking it as answered, even though it is not, because it is unlikely to be noticed in it's current position. I would suggest that you either open a support case with Microsoft CSS, or re-post your question as a new question a little later. It sounds to me like you are asking for a change in the product, and the best way to get that is through a support case.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:41 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:41 PM

All replies

• And to resurrect a request I made about 6yrs ago :) ......  Would be even better if in the GUI when you were creating the repository, you could just type in the text there exactly as you wanted it to appear on the login page in the default language.  Maybe even with a string number so it was very easy to then create alternate language updates if needed.

But I'll settle for the much simpler feature described in the original post :-)

Thanks again,   Mark

Thursday, June 3, 2010 7:47 PM
  • Hi Mark. It appears that no one has been able to answer your question, even though it's been here for a while. I'm marking it as answered, even though it is not, because it is unlikely to be noticed in it's current position. I would suggest that you either open a support case with Microsoft CSS, or re-post your question as a new question a little later. It sounds to me like you are asking for a change in the product, and the best way to get that is through a support case.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:41 PM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 6:41 PM
  • A very simple workaround to to this:

First copy  your XML language (for you EN-US.xml) to the InternalSite\Languages\CustomUpdate folder located under von\InternalSite\Languages\

Edit the XML and remove "Password" on the ID109 (leave blank space and : )

Next create an authentication Server type RAS SecurID and give server name : RSA Passcode

Next do the same thing for AD

An now it's OK ! (for me in french ! ) :

Thursday, December 5, 2013 11:24 AM