none
How can I restore a Mailbox Database from an expired tape? RRS feed

• Question

• How can I restore a Mailbox Database from an expired tape?

I have applied the work-around to catalogue the tape (mark as free > unmark as free) and I have been able to get the Database off tape, but how can I now mount this as a recovery database?

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You have the mailbox database off the tape already so you can bypass DPM at this point.

Hopefully that helps.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Friday, May 31, 2013 7:55 PM
  • Hi,

In those articles, DPM or Windows Backup is restoring to RDB. In this case DPM has restored a flat file database.edb . As you say, I can bypass DPM at this point, but how can I now, from Exchange turn that edb into a RDB?

Sunday, June 9, 2013 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

In those articles, DPM or Windows Backup is restoring to RDB. In this case DPM has restored a flat file database.edb . As you say, I can bypass DPM at this point, but how can I now, from Exchange turn that edb into a RDB?

Hi,

If you go to the first link you can see the process of using the .edb to do a restore. It is a manual process from there.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Thursday, June 20, 2013 4:56 AM