none
mmc and task scheduler

Question

• I setup a policy to block the MMC tools I don't want users to have access to but somehow this also blocked task scheduler, my research indicates this is a known problem but I have yet to see a solution.

Any ideas how I can achieve my goal without affect Task scheduler?

Tuesday, December 23, 2014 1:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>setup a policy to block the MMC tools I don't want users to have access to but somehow this also blocked task scheduler

Before going further, would you please elaborate with us what MMC tools you disabled? Besides, was there any message when Task Scheduler couldn't be used? You can also check event logs to see if some related events were logged.

>>my research indicates this is a known problem but I have yet to see a solution.

Please excuse me. I tried to do a search but didn't find the information you suggested. If it's convinient for you, you may provide us where you found the information which will be helpful for us to check the situation. Thanks for your cooperation in advance.

TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Wednesday, December 24, 2014 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

Before going further, thanks for providing the link.

It is true that there is no specific policy setting to permit Task Scheduler snap-in. As a result, we can choose to individually disable the snap-ins we want to , or we can refer to the method provided by Cicely Feng in the thread you mentioned to import a custom adm file to do this.

To create a custom adm file, we can create a txt file, copy the template to this txt file, and then modify the txt file to .adm file.

Regarding how to add a custom adm file to a GPO, the following article can be referred to for more information.

Add or remove an Administrative Template (.adm file)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739134(v=ws.10).aspx

TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Best regards,

Frank Shen

• Edited by Frank Shen5Moderator Thursday, January 08, 2015 6:49 AM
    • Proposed as answer by IJSingh Thursday, January 08, 2015 7:08 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by jamicon Thursday, January 08, 2015 4:47 PM
    Thursday, January 08, 2015 6:48 AM
  • yep I read that and I understand it and I have made custom adm files before but in this case I'm needed more help.

Does anyone have this specific adm and willing to share?

Thursday, January 08, 2015 4:48 PM