Microsoft Alias can send mail but not able to recieve. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am a vendor with Microsoft, I have a v- email for Microsoft as well as a Alias email that I use to send to customers through Outlook Mail App 2016. My colleague also uses this alias email to send/receive messages with clients and has no problems. 

My v- email works fine. I can send and receive mail with that account. My problem is that my alias email only allows me to receive email but I receive an error message whenever I try to send mail that says:

This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of the specified user."

I have discussed this problem with my Microsoft network administrator who has made me an owner on the alias account, which is suppose to provide me with permission to send emails. Yet, I am still unable to send emails.

How can I resolve this problem?

Could there be some sort of permission/certificate/plugin that I may need to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Zach

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 9:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Zach,

In general, this error shows that Exchange Server requires Send As permissions to send the email message, you should have send as permissions for your mailbox. 

Please contact your administrator and grant the send as permissions for your mailbox to your alias , and then check if any helps.

The following KB for your reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3045224

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Friday, April 15, 2016 11:32 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Sunday, April 17, 2016 8:43 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 6:37 AM