none
Running Get-ClusteredMailboxServerStatus from Non Clustered Mailbox Server RRS feed

• Question

• Can i run Get-clusteredMailboxServerStatus from a non clustered mailbox server with Exchange Management tools installed?

I tried & got below error:

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:42 PM

Answers

• This might be by design. Take a look at KnowledgeBase article 952119, it describes the same symptoms that you are having.

"This behavior occurs if the CCR replication was enabled by using a redundant network name. "

The workarounds are running the command on the active cluster node in question, or disabling the ContinuousReplicationHostName cmdlet (!).

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:49 PM

All replies

• What did you try?

The following commands work from a server with only the management tools installed:

Get-ClusteredMailboxServerStatus -identity SERVERCLUSTERNAME

Get-MailboxServer | Get-ClusteredMailboxServerStatus

Get-MailboxServer -identity SERVERCLUSTERNAME | Get-ClusteredMailboxServerStatus

Get-MailboxServer SERV* | Get-ClusteredMailboxServerStatus

Be sure to enter the name of the clustered server and not the name of one of the nodes.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:02 PM
  • I ran Get-ClusteredMailboxServerStatus -Identity CMS01 -verbose

& always got above error. I can run it successfully from Clustered mailbox Server.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 3:10 PM
  • This might be by design. Take a look at KnowledgeBase article 952119, it describes the same symptoms that you are having.

"This behavior occurs if the CCR replication was enabled by using a redundant network name. "

The workarounds are running the command on the active cluster node in question, or disabling the ContinuousReplicationHostName cmdlet (!).

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 6:49 PM
  • Hi Mahesh

Did you try above KB?

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:36 AM
  • What would be the effect of running Disable-ContinuousReplicationHostName  on our CCR servers??
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 7:56 AM

• This should remove the NetworkName and IPAddress resources (created with Enable-ContinuousReplicationHostName) from their clustergroup, and the clustergroup would be deleted.
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:19 AM