User move - how can his mail follow him RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys

We are using ADMT to move users from another domain to ours. Both is Exch2003 organizations.Different forests

I can successfully migrate a user from that domain to ours. My question is how can i let the users e-mail follow him when he is on our domain even when people send mail to him at user@hisolddomain.co.za.

Can the admins in that domain just create a forwarder on his mailbox or can the bridgehead/front server be configured to deliver his e-mail directly to our domain?

We have a bidirectional trust. Thanks in advance

Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:46 PM

Answers

• If the other org is still authorative for that SMTP domain, then you can create a mail-enabled contact to forward to his moved mailbox.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:09 PM
  • Hi CraMey,

If you only need his current emails, ExMerge is a good choice.

Note: when you use ExMerge, please keep the pst file under the 2 GB limitation.

Thanks,

Evan

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:13 AM

All replies

• If the other org is still authorative for that SMTP domain, then you can create a mail-enabled contact to forward to his moved mailbox.

Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:09 PM
  • Hi A_D

Yes that domain will still be authoritive for that SMTP domain. So they will need to create a mail enabled contact and forward the mail to our domain. Thanks for your reply

Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:12 PM
  • What would you use to give him his current mail? ExMerge or the migration wizard - SID's must be kept as the user will still use apps in his previous domain
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:14 PM
  • Hi CraMey,

If you only need his current emails, ExMerge is a good choice.

Note: when you use ExMerge, please keep the pst file under the 2 GB limitation.

Thanks,

Evan

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:13 AM