none
APPV 5 Package Share Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having an issue that I am not really understanding, and it's causing frustration. I have created a test package with the AppV Sequencer program. I have created a folder on the root of C:\ for the package (this is on the actual AppV server itself, and the server name is: APPV01), and have shared the folder. Because of previous issues trying to figure out permissions, I've added the "Everyone" group, as well as the Appv01$ machine name to the share permissions and ntfs permissions.

Within the Application Virtualization Management Console, I'm trying to Add Packages. So I point it to the local machine name \\appv01\ and when I try to click the folder it says, Enter network credentials. Regardless of which user is logged, it just says Access is denied.

I can't get past this part. It is highly frustrating me. If I open a Windows explorer window, and type in \\appv01 I can browse to that folder. So the permissions are working when accessing it through the network.

As for the Console itself, I just get Access is denied.

Have I missed something?

• Edited by jrmoat Wednesday, April 23, 2014 7:54 PM
    Wednesday, April 23, 2014 7:50 PM

Answers

• Does giving the NETWORK SERVICE on Appv01 read permissions change anything (I found a note that says if the content is remote from the Management server, then the Management Serv machine account needs access - and if content and MgtSrv are on the same box, then NetworkService requires that.

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Friday, April 25, 2014 9:42 AM

All replies

• This is what pops up when trying to Add a new package through our APPV01 server. Everything I try, it just keeps popping up. It doesn't do this when accessing the share through a regular explorer window:

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 10:14 PM
  • Do you open the Management Console locally on APPV01 (or do you have a ClientX, open from the the management Console on Appv01 and then try to import)?

When you open the Management Console - do you get an authentication window, or does pass-through work?

Does the IIS_IUSR account have read access to the files & folders?

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:29 AM
  • Hi kirk_tn,

I am actually opening the Management Console locally on AppV01.

When I open the Management Console, it must just do pass-through. I don't see any authentication pop up.

I gave the IIS_IUSRS permission to the share, as well as NTFS security permissions, but no luck. Access is denied still.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:02 PM
  • Kirk_tn,

I decided to try it from a different machine other than the APPV01 server. I was able to do it on my own workstation via the Management Console. I needed to give either APPV01$ and/or NETWORK SERVICE permissions to read the share.

Funny that the APPV01 server could not browse to its own share. I'm wondering if the software has an issue with doing it locally?

Thursday, April 24, 2014 3:09 PM
  • Does giving the NETWORK SERVICE on Appv01 read permissions change anything (I found a note that says if the content is remote from the Management server, then the Management Serv machine account needs access - and if content and MgtSrv are on the same box, then NetworkService requires that.

Falko

Friday, April 25, 2014 9:42 AM