Need help from MVP RRS feed

• Question

• I am new here and read many answer similar to my question. I have some OST related issues and want to move my OST data in PST. For this I used manual process:

Step 2: Click File tab, then click Open > Import.

Step 3: In Import and Export Wizard, choose an action to perform: Export to a file. click Next.

Step 4: Now select Outlook data file (.pst) in the list, and click Next.

Step 5: Select the mailbox folder that you want to export from. click Next.

Step 6: Now you can see the selected PST file. Also, you can check other options given there. Click Finish to start the process.

But I I have no success. Now I am looking for a third party software"Kernel for OST to PST".

Is this software is effective to use?

Friday, April 26, 2019 6:13 AM

Answers

• Hi harrybrown,

>>But I I have no success. Now I am looking for a third party software"Kernel for OST to PST".

Would you mind sharing me more details about this issue so we can help research it? No items exported?

What's your account type? Exchange or IMAP? Are there any errors when exporting?

As far as I know, Microsoft doesn’t have any official tools to convert .ost file to .pst file.

You can first check following general steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1. recreate a new .ost file in case the original one is corrupted

Check this official article: Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost)

2. create a new profile

To do this, please open Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add.

Please post back with more details for further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, April 29, 2019 1:44 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:53 PM
    Monday, April 29, 2019 1:43 AM

All replies

• Hi harrybrown,

>>But I I have no success. Now I am looking for a third party software"Kernel for OST to PST".

Would you mind sharing me more details about this issue so we can help research it? No items exported?

What's your account type? Exchange or IMAP? Are there any errors when exporting?

As far as I know, Microsoft doesn’t have any official tools to convert .ost file to .pst file.

You can first check following general steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1. recreate a new .ost file in case the original one is corrupted

Check this official article: Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost)

2. create a new profile

To do this, please open Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add.

Please post back with more details for further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, April 29, 2019 1:44 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, April 30, 2019 3:17 AM
    • Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:53 PM
    Monday, April 29, 2019 1:43 AM
  • Hi harrybrown,

Can you export .pst file normally now? If you still help with this issue, please feel free to tell us.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Hi harrybrown,

How is everything going on with this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:03 AM
  • I am new here and read many answer similar to my question. I have some OST related issues and want to move my OST data in PST. For this I used manual process:

Step 2: Click File tab, then click Open > Import.

Step 3: In Import and Export Wizard, choose an action to perform: Export to a file. click Next.

Step 4: Now select Outlook data file (.pst) in the list, and click Next.

Step 5: Select the mailbox folder that you want to export from. click Next.

Step 6: Now you can see the selected PST file. Also, you can check other options given there. Click Finish to start the process.

But I I have no success. Now I am looking for a third party software"Kernel for OST to PST".

Is this software is effective to use?

Phony Vendor started thread.
    Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:53 PM