Internet latency, packet drops with Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone had issues with internet latency and packet drops with Windows 10?
    What happening is at the moment I open any website I can see latency go up from ~60ms to up to 4s with intermittent packet drops.
    Win updates installed, firmwares upgraded to latest available on manufacturer website, different browsers tried, also tried disabling IPv6, flowcontrols, offloads, power management etc. Same behaviour when in safe mode, or using  WiFi connection 

Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:19 AM

Answers

• No I havent, Ill try it this weekend.

Seeing that this is quite common issue with Win 10 and ndis.sys and tcpip.sys been identified as a cause of it but no solution anywhere so far.

• Marked as answer by sirmais Friday, December 16, 2016 11:31 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2016 11:31 AM
  • Changing DNS didnt have any effect :(

However I noticed that the issue is only affecting TCP, UDP is fine.

Since then I did some fine tuning of MS networking configs on netsh and registry and have managed to lesser issue to the level where I can browse Internet instead of getting Timed Out errors. Issue is still there but much less severe, hope MS acknowledges that something isnt right there with Win10 and release fix soon

• Marked as answer by sirmais Monday, December 19, 2016 11:33 AM
    Monday, December 19, 2016 11:33 AM

All replies

• Unable to post link to performance stats as account pending review

Thursday, December 15, 2016 12:50 AM
  • Hi sirmais,

Have you tried using Open DSN servers as your DNS servers?

We could get more information in the link below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-packet-loss-and-poor-wifi-performance-on/d017335d-9049-421f-a5df-f8c7154f221f

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 5:56 AM
  • No I havent, Ill try it this weekend.

Seeing that this is quite common issue with Win 10 and ndis.sys and tcpip.sys been identified as a cause of it but no solution anywhere so far.

• Marked as answer by sirmais Friday, December 16, 2016 11:31 AM
    Friday, December 16, 2016 11:31 AM
  • Changing DNS didnt have any effect :(

However I noticed that the issue is only affecting TCP, UDP is fine.

Since then I did some fine tuning of MS networking configs on netsh and registry and have managed to lesser issue to the level where I can browse Internet instead of getting Timed Out errors. Issue is still there but much less severe, hope MS acknowledges that something isnt right there with Win10 and release fix soon

• Marked as answer by sirmais Monday, December 19, 2016 11:33 AM
    Monday, December 19, 2016 11:33 AM