none
Installing IIS on Windows 10 with CGI Service

Question

• I am trying to install IIS on Windows 10 Pro.

I set the appropriate boxes in "Turn Windows Features On/OFF" as follows and rebooted my system.

I went to Administrative Tools, and opened "Internet Information Services (IIS) Manger

and edited the Advanced settings for the "Default Web Site", choosing %SystemDrive%\inetpub\wwwroot which is where I want my site to launch from.  There is my initial home page index.html, (that I built with Dreamweaver, and displays correctly from there).

I make sure that the Default Web Site is Restarted,  but when I reference my IP, it gives me the following:

Am I missing something or does IIS not really work on Windows 10 ?

Once I can actually getting it to recognize the website, then I will want to get the CGI Service running.

Any detailed information on that process would be greatly appreciated.

(I had actually got CGI Service working years ago on Windows XP with the service routine written in AcuCobol-GT, and am hoping to do the same now on Windows 10.  I have been trying to do this on my Windows 7 system unsuccessfully also.  I can't even get it to recognize my method=POST" as a valid request)

Note that I had screen shots in the body of the text, but got a message saying they were not allowed until verifying my account.

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 1:49 AM

Answers